Centralized Childcare Registry and Information Service
The Centralized Childcare Registry and Information Service (CCRIS) is where you can learn about the childcare services available in our community and apply for a childcare space.
CCRIS is easy to use and the information you provide will help you determine the childcare options available to you. You may place your child’s name on as many lists as you choose. The Childcare Agency will contact you when a space becomes available. Where you are placed on any wait list will be determined by the date you submit your on-line application.
To complete your application, you must first create an account.
For more information, including how to apply for assistance with childcare fees, please visit www.cityofkingston.ca/childcare.
- childcare agency provides assistance and support to home care providers;
- childcare agency monitors home care provider programs through home visits;
- home caregivers meet certain standards of care;
- greater flexibility in days and hours of care provided;
- small group size.
- children are with other children their age in group settings;
- staff members include professionals with training in early childhood education;
- centres are required to meet a certain standard of care;
- activities are designed for children at different stages of development.
- programming differs for school-age children than for pre-school children;
- activities are geared to older children;
- staff have experience working with school-age children.